Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Brother Bill's Cars

My neice Joanne, is such a dear, mentioned how she was so interested in her father's cars which I mentioned in my frist blog . So here are some of Bill's cars. Her father was the second oldest after brother Ed. Both have passed to new highways (in the sky) while their two brothers, David and Jimmy are living in CB and Ontario.

His first cars was a Buick..


Brother David would remember more than me because he has the pictures. (I think it was 50s 1952 or 53) Bill loved that Fire-engine Red and white buick. (his was Red where this photo is white) I could be wrong that his first car was a Buick, he had so many..


His Meteor was (believe it or not) Red and Yellow.He and Jimmy Rahey would always go down to the shore road and show off their cars. Today, in Moncton, I sit at the Tim Horton with my love in his 1987 Cadillac (also red) and we watch all the old cars come in or go by.

He only keep his cars for a short time and trade them in every year. Guess some of them today are probably being driven around Nova Scotia.

My car, a 1969 Red and Black Dodge Monaco convertable is probably still around in Cape Breton as well (Photos are hard to find even with the internet search but a similar car is best I can find.. also I had john to do a little paint job on the side of this one to show how red it was) By theway.. This photo come from Russia.. small world with the internet.. I think I paid $3500 for that car which was a special edition that year right from the factory.
It had black bucket seats and when I sold it in Sydney Mines I moved to a Cadallic convertable in the late 70s.

He had the beautiful Pontiac which was a blue and white and this was my favourite memory of his cars. ( not as this photo but a sky blue). I remember how that sun visor seem to be elgant and my friend John still finds that I must put down the sunvisor in the car... (must be a habit from this old old memory)





Dad would go to the garage and keep them running as the boys were away Sailing. He appreciated the responsibility he had. Maybe, a coalminer driving such cars made him proud of his boys success.

No comments:

Post a Comment